We want to ensure that you and your loved ones enjoy a warm and cozy winter in your homes. That’s why we’ve put together this special newsletter to help you get ready for the colder months.
Tips to Keep Your Rental Properties Warm:
- Seal Leaks: Check windows and doors for drafts and seal any gaps. Weatherstripping and caulking are simple solutions to keep warm air in and cold air out.
- Set Your Thermostat: A comfortable indoor temperature is typically between 68-72°F (20-22°C). Programmable thermostats can help you regulate the temperature throughout the day.
- Use Ceiling Fans: Reversing the direction of ceiling fans can help distribute warm air more evenly throughout your home. In the winter, set the fans to run in a clockwise direction.
- Curtains and Blinds: Close curtains and blinds at night to create an additional layer of insulation. During the day, open them to allow natural sunlight to warm your living spaces.
- Additional Blankets and Rugs: Layering up with extra blankets and adding rugs to hardwood or tile floors can help keep your home warm and cozy.
- Furnace Maintenance: Ensure your furnace is in good working order by changing the filter regularly and scheduling an annual inspection.
- Emergency Kit: Prepare a winter emergency kit with essentials like extra blankets, flashlights, batteries, non-perishable food, and a first aid kit.
Protecting Your Water Systems:
- Insulate Pipes: As the temperature drops, your water pipes become susceptible to freezing. To prevent this, make sure to insulate exposed pipes in unheated areas like basements, garages, and crawl spaces. Pipe insulation is readily available at your local hardware store.
- Dripping Faucets: On particularly chilly nights, allow a small, steady drip from your faucets. This keeps the water moving and reduces the risk of freezing.
- Disconnect Hoses: Disconnect and store garden hoses. Shut off outdoor faucets and drain them to prevent any water from freezing inside the pipes.
- Hot Water Tank Maintenance: Check your hot water tank for signs of corrosion or rust and ensure it’s working efficiently. If you notice any issues, contact our maintenance team promptly.
Your safety and comfort are our top priorities. If you encounter any issues or require assistance with winter preparations, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly maintenance team. We’re here to help you throughout the season.
Let’s embrace this winter season with open arms and ensure that every moment spent at home is filled with warmth and coziness. May your hearts be as warm as your homes!